Mon. Jul 15th, 2024

Older stratified homes urged to apply for water tank installation assistance

By admin May31,2024

Older stratified homes urged to apply for water tank installation assistance

For illustration only

Stratified homes, especially older housing schemes lacking water tanks, are being encouraged to apply for installations through local authorities, the Penang Housing Board, or the Penang Water Supply Corporation (PBAPP). This initiative was announced by State Housing and Environment Committee chairman Datuk Seri Sundarajoo Somu during the State Legislative Assembly at the State Assembly building in Light Street.

Sundarajoo highlighted that many buildings constructed before the Water Services Industry Act 2006 (Act 665) was enacted do not have rooftop or internal water tanks. The enactment of the Act in 2006 addressed these issues, but older buildings remain without these essential installations.

PBAPP now mandates the installation of water tanks with a minimum capacity of 300 gallons in both stratified and landed housing schemes. Sundarajoo urged Joint Management Bodies (JMB) and Management Committees (MC) to take the initiative to install these tanks by applying to local authorities or the Penang Housing Board.

Additionally, Sundarajoo mentioned the Penang Maximum 80% Maintenance Fund (TPM80PP), which provides financial support for housing maintenance. Under this scheme, the state government covers 80% of the expenses, with the remaining 20% borne by the JMB or MC, facilitating essential upgrades and maintenance in older housing schemes.

telegram-logo2Join our Telegram Channel now to receive instant update on Penang latest projects and property news

Tags:

By admin

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *